November 5, 2016. SAMA’s 3rd Health Fair, Falls Church, Virginia
Venue: Dar Alhijrah Islamic Center, 3159 Row Street, Falls Church, VA 22044.
Time: 12:00pm to 5:pm
SAMA partners with Dar Alhijrah Islamic Center for the 3rd Health Fair in Virginia.
- SAMA provides health education by American board certified physicians.
- SAMA volunteer social worker advices on health services available to families in the area
New this year: Local health providers participate in SAMA’s Health Fair.
- Partnership for Healthier Kids, INOVA, education on health insurance plans for kids
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Education on liver diseases
- Fairfax County Health Department
- Education on Flu shots
- Education on Tuberculosis
- Information on Disease carrying insects
July 2016 Gaida Mahgoub and Asma Hamid organize Eid Bazzar in Baltimore, MD
$2,439.43 raised for PPH project.
June 2015 Nourelhuda & Lubaba raise $245 for SAMA in Virginia.
From right, Dr. Lubaba & Dr. Nourelhuda, SAMA Members in Virginia, volunteered to do free blood pressure, BMI checks in the Sudanese Community in Virginia’s Annual Picnic.
They used that opportunity to promote SAMA’s programs in Sudan and raised $245 to CCHMC 2016 Mission to Sudan.
SAMA holds successful reception in Virginia in May 9th 2015 & raises $2270 to CCHMC 2016 Sudan Mission
Special Thanks to Dr. Mariam Khateeb, SAMA Treasurer
SAMA Health Fair
For Sudanese Community in Washington DC Area April 26th 2014 – Mason District Park, Annandale, VA
- Raise Health Awareness to common conditions
- Promote good health seeking behaviour
- Patient Education/Empowerment
- Free BMI, BP check
- Free cholesterol check
- Free Dental Screening for Children
- 1:1 Counselling with Board Certified MDs
- Patient Education Lectures
- Blood Donation Drive by Inova Blood Donor Services
- Cancer Awareness
- Mammography (Referral)
- Ghada Ibrahim, MD
- SAMA DC Chapter Coordinator
- PGY1 Internal Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Hanan Salah Eltayeb
- SAMA DC Liaison Officer, Lorton, VA
SAMA DC Reception, Springfield, VA – October 2013
In honor of Prof Ahmed Hassan Fahal, University of Khartoum
Professor Ahmed Hassan Fahal is Professor of Surgery, University of Khartoum and the Director of the Mycetoma Research Centre, Soba University Hospital. He published more than 140 scientific articles (80 in Mycetoma), author of a book on mycetoma’ “Mycetoma: Clinico-pathological Monograph” and many textbooks’ chapters, booklets and guidelines.
Prof Fahal was visiting Washington DC to present his recent research in the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Annual Scientific Sessions. SAMA and the Sudanese Community in DC took this opportunity to hold an reception in his honor.
In his presentation , Prof Fahal outlined the outstanding research achievements of his centre in Mycetoma culminating in its’ recognition by the WHO as a Neglected Tropical Disease opening the door for significant grants and funds.
Prof Ahmed Hassan Fahal
Professor of Surgery,
University of Khartoum
Prof Fahal with SAMA Members, and the Sudanese Community in Greater Washington DC
Dr. Elshami Elamin raises Cancer Awareness among the Sudanese Community in Washington DC Area, March 2013.
From left to right; Dr.Elshami Elamin, Consultant Oncologist;
Mrs Hanan Eltayeb, AWCAA Patient Navigator,
& SAMA Volunteer in DC; Alustaz Abdulkareem Alkabli,
UNFPA Good Will Ambassador