The Sudanese American Medical Association (SAMA) is a nonprofit, nonpolitical organization founded in 2008 in the United States with offices in Fairfax, VA, USA and Khartoum, Sudan. SAMA has 3 main programs: Maternal & Child Health Program, Medical Supplies Program & Health Service Program. SAMA Research is led and supervised by Dr. Nahla Gadalla, SAMA Executive Director, who was previously Post-doctoral Fellow at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD, USA and has more than 19 peer reviewed publications. SAMA Research focuses on projects implemented by SAMA along its programs.
About the project:
SAMA has developed a partnership with the Khartoum State Ministry of Health, to build the capacity of Alturki (aka Turkish) Teaching Hospital (TTH) in Alkalakla, Khartoum. The research volunteer will be responsible for data collection from hospital staff and patients under the supervision of SAMA staff in Sudan & USA.
Location: Alturki (aka Turkish) Teaching Hospital in Alkalakla, Khartoum
Tentative Start Date: October 1st 2020
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Number of hour: minimum of 2hours per day,
Number of days: 1-3 days per week
- Data Collection from TTH staff and patients
- Data Entry into Electronic System (Google Form)
- Research Training and Experience with a US based organization
- Participate in research publication
- Travel and Meals allowance – to be determined
- Maternal & Child Health Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Director of Sudan Office
- Good skills working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google forms.
- Being able to work as part of a team, showing flexibility and adaptability, initiative within the team, and recognition of the needs of others and their varying workloads.
- A willingness to engage with new colleagues and work partners.
- Good communication and writing skills.