To foster and nurture young Sudanese Americans who are interested in seeking professional careers in the fields of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and other healthcare sciences. The club’s mission is to provide a platform for young prospective healthcare professionals to network and collaborate. SAMA junior club is dedicated to improve its member’s education, leadership skills and promote activism and community service.
- We are currently looking for volunteers to help with SAMA Juniors’ Programs including Entrance Exams assistance (MCAT, PCAT, DAT, OAT, USMLE STEPS, NDB, etc.)
Training and Professional Development
- Provide counseling and mentorship for candidates pursuing careers in healthcare services: This is a very general advising service to introduce careers in healthcare services and help those interested navigate the pathway to those professional careers.
- Provide clinical exposure opportunities for juniors through externship, observership and research trainee positions.
- Provide tutoring programs: this will be for local chapters to coordinate
- Research Opportunities
- Provide mentorship and assistance with writing skills including: case reviews, poster presentation and review articles.
Members of SAMA Juniors’ club are encouraged to participate in community service programs as “SAMA Ambassadors” in various activities including:
- Representation at SAMA local chapters
- Participate in SAMA Annual General Meeting
- Contribute in volunteer work, community outreach and medical missions in the US and Sudan
- Participate in fundraising events planning and logistics
Please join SAMA membership if you haven’t already – I’s free for you!