From 2016 to 2022, 48 Implantable Cardiac Devices were implanted by SAMA in underserved patients in Sudan at a total US market value of $1,722,590.95
Types of Implantable Cardiac Devices
- treat heart rhythm disorders to regain normal heart rhythm
- Without these devices, patients who need them are at risk of losing consciousness suddenly and potentially dying
- Automated Cardioverter Defibrillator
- treat dangerous heart rhythms by delivering an electric shock
- Without these devices, patients who need them are at risk of dying suddenly
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillator
- They are used to synchronize the work of the two lower chambers of the heart. In most patients who need them, this significantly relieves shortness of breath from congestive heart failure
- they also treat dangerous heart rhythms by delivering an electric shock
Thank You Medtronic
for providing implantable cardiac devices to SAMA since 2016.
Thank You Implanting Cardiologists
for donating their time and traveling to Sudan to implant the devices.
Thank You Partner Hospitals in Sudan
for availing of their resources for this program.
- National Cardiothoracic Center, Federal Ministry of Health
- Shaab Teaching Hospital
- Wad Medani Heart Disease and Surgery Center
- Almoalim Medical City
- Royal Care International Hospital
- Fedail Hospital